Phalen Golf Course hosts a Men’s Senior League for players aged 50 and older. The senior league plays every Tuesday morning from early May and through the end of September with tee times between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. Members enjoy the following features of the league:
- A weekly 18-hole game with regular tee times and foursomes;
- A monthly tournament that shuffles foursome membership to meet other players; (tee times will vary for tournament weeks, sometimes using a shotgun start)
- A league-administered handicap system that is used to help equalize weekly league play and monthly tournaments for golfers of all abilities (no need for an existing handicap to begin play with the league);
- Weekly gift-card prizes for a variety of scoring metrics and hole contests (see below);
- USGA golf rules are followed while maintaining a friendly approach that emphasizes the fun and social aspects of golf.
The membership fee for 2019 is $55 to cover costs for weekly prizes and a season ending banquet. Tournaments are $5 extra to provide additional prizes for those events. Green fees and cart fees are paid directly to the course, either weekly or via a season pass purchase.
How to Join the League
Interested golfers should plan to join the league by mid April for play that begins in early May. You may register individually or with friends who you would like to include in a regular foursome. Later applications are also welcome with the understanding that fewer options for tee times and foursome composition will be available.
Download the application form below to join the senior league. The form includes a mailing address. Checks accepted by mail. Cash can be paid in person at the April meeting or on your first day of play.
Have more questions? Download the application which includes a contact phone number.
*Examples include low net score, most pars, most bogies, closest to pin, longest drive, longest put, best scores on the par three holes, and other inventive ways that more widely distribute winnings.